AdCenter test team is expanding and there are open positions at different levels. If you want to be part of long discussed Microsoft-Yahoo deal, to take part of ensuring top quality of our products and services and working in the biggest software company and yet in a new field for it drop me your resume at the email on contact page.
Here are some job descriptions:
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
We are looking for a Senior SDET for the Search Advertising area within RnR, who is excited to take on these challenges. You will drive innovations in test by building quality test tools, test automation and breakthrough test technologies. You will help structure our algorithm experiments in an adaptive trials framework. You should be comfortable with sampling methods and be able to dive in and diagnose inconsistencies with our current sampling strategies and design meaningful experiments while improving the experimentation systems.
A successful candidate will have 7+ years of strong technical experience; 7+ years of broad testing experience; 5+ years of strong hands on product development or test development work, effective written and oral communication skills; engineering experience acquired from shipping multiple large commercial software products or online services; ability to influence all disciplines on quality and product strategy decisions; and ability to experiment sophisticated algorithms and statistical models highly desirable. Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
Software Development Engineer in Test
We are looking for talented, innovative and highly motivated SDETs with strong technical and design skills to help us assure that the web components of AdCenter, as part of our highly scalable multi-tiered advertiser management system, meets the highest quality standard. You will have the opportunity to impact the architecture of these core platform services, and at the same time be challenged with building world class test automation and tools. As an SDET, your primary responsibilities include test plan and test case preparation to ensure test coverage and test methods are appropriate. You will also participate in critiquing functional and technical specification reviews, establishing test infrastructure, rapid automated testing of features, adapting to changing requirements/processes, enforcing Engineering Excellence practices, and driving quality upstream in all phases of development. You are encouraged to adopt more creative test methods to meet the needs of agile development process so as to keep the testing with right coverage on schedule.
You possess the following skills:
- Understand software testing methodology and experience in test automation tool development.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Passion for product quality and solving complex automation problems.
- Knowledge of Internet based services, Web technologies.
- Familiarity with IIS/XML Web Services.
- 3+ years of software development and/or test experience with fluency in C# and ASP.NET.
- BA or BS in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Familiarity with SQL Server, web services and multi-tiered client and server distributed applications is preferred.
- Experience with the following technologies is a plus:
o VS Team Edition for Testers
Automate - Develop production quality solutions to reduce risks in manual task and drive efficiency.
Optimize and innovate - Tuning and optimization tactics and build systems management automation and tooling capabilities.
Analyze trends- Provide systems statistical trending and analysis, server capacity and threshold testing.
Evaluate systems and technology - Assess new systems designs and technical strategies.
Evangelize - Represent operations team on technical, product direction and service quality.
Deliver - Deploy and Operate large scale systems.
Maintain - Maintain and manage Enterprise san and servers.
Strong knowledge in Windows OS (Windows 2003 and Windows 2008) is must.
Strong knowledge in TCP/IP and networking is a must.
Scripting in VB, Powershell, Perl, and Telnet is must.
IIS and SQL knowledge is desired.
Virtulization knowledge is desired.
A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated work experience in IT.
Minimum of 5 years in SAN. Experience in EMC SAN (DMX and Clariion) and Brocade SAN switch is preferred.
Strong knowledge in storage and raid.
Strong knowledge in Servers (Processor, Bus, and Memory). Experience in HP servers is preferred.
Which one is better?! No doubt both are very excellent in the world of software development with Microsoft tools. So I feel very lucky because last month I touched both in one or another way:
- In the beginning of September I got a request for more detailed contact information regarding a upcoming nomination for MVP Award. Although very pleased I couldn't accept such nomination as I already had accepted an offer from Microsoft for fulltime employment.
- In the beginning of October 2008 I've started working for Microsoft as fulltime employee(or as a blue badge in local slang :) ). I am working as SDE in AdCenter and I will be creating solutions with favorite .NET Framework. No need to say that I am very excited and impatient to get into deep details in organization processes inside the biggest and most successful software company.
I also relocated from Bulgaria to Seattle with my wife and we had the longest journey so far. The international relocation package is excellent and several teams work with us to facilitate the relocation and to make it as painless as possible. The friends here helped us a lot for getting acknowledged with the area and the lifestyle.
What does this mean for the blog?!
Well... I will keep it for sure!!! Microsoft supports such initiatives but definitely you won't read news here prior officially announced :) so Scott Guthrie will remain your preferred source of fresh news regarding development tools. There were some suggestions to move the blog on blogs.msdn.com but I think I will keep it on http://www.galcho.com/blog/.
The photo album is also updated with various photos from our area exploration tours in Seattle/Redmond/Bellevue .